activemq-users mailing list archives

From themitchy <mitch.gran...@sophos.com>
Subject Strange behaviour when StoreLimit is reached
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:42:43 GMT

I'm trying to prove the stability of AMQ when queues are being written too
but not consumed (or rather that we can recover after such a scenario).  So
far it's not doing so well.  I'm using stomp.

Issue:
Send messages until the StoreLimit is reached... send now blocks.
Consume all the messages we sent... send is still blocking /
StorePercentUsage is still maxed out.  I would have expected
StorePercentUsage to go back down and send to stop blocking after this.

Related issue:
After restarting AMQ from this state I can send a handful of messages and
then it will block again.  Upon inspecting the queue none of these messages
were enqueued.  What's worse the StorePercentUsage has maxed back out even
though there's nothing in any queue at this point.