activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Maintaining Message Uniqueness in a Queue
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:16:17 GMT

Prior to sending a message, your scheduler can use a QueueBrowser w/selector
to peek at the queue and make sure a message with the same entity id as the
one about to be sent doesn't already exist.

Or your consumer can use a selector to fetch any other messages on the queue
that have an entity id that matches the one just received.

But there are obvious performance implications with the above.

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com