activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Expired message - does it work?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:11:54 GMT

Hi,  I am testing 5.3-SNAPSHOT to pick up expired message enhancement where
the message will be automatically removed when timed out.

I have multiple topics with each has a pair of producer/consumer.  All
messages are memory base, where 'memoryUsage' is used to do the producer
flow control. All producer messages are set to have time to live value.
However, when I stop both producer and consumer during a heavy producer to
consumer communication.  Some messages are left in the queue.  The jconsole
shows the expiredCount only set at 0 after waiting for time to expired.

Here is some stats at my topic.

enqueueCount=21699
dispatchCount=31698
dequeueCount=21685
inFlightCount=13
expriredCount=0

consumerCount=0
producerCount=0  ( still alive but does nothing )

queueSize=21699

here is my broker configuration

  <amq:broker useJmx="true" persistent="false" advisorySupport="false">

    <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or wildcards
-->

    <amq:destinationPolicy>
      <amq:policyMap>
        <amq:policyEntries>
          <amq:policyEntry topic=">"  producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="${fdb.broker.agent.memoryLimit} mb" />
        </amq:policyEntries>
      </amq:policyMap>
    </amq:destinationPolicy>

    <amq:sslContext>
      <amq:sslContext
keyStore="file:${FORTIDB_HOME}/conf/.jmsBrokerKeyStore"
keyStorePassword="${fdb.broker.keyStorePassword}" />
    </amq:sslContext>

    <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing down
producers -->
    <amq:systemUsage>
      <amq:systemUsage>
        <amq:memoryUsage>
          <amq:memoryUsage limit="${fdb.broker.memoryUsage} mb" />
        </amq:memoryUsage>
      </amq:systemUsage>
    </amq:systemUsage>

    <amq:transportConnectors>
      <amq:transportConnector
uri="${fdb.broker.protocol}://0.0.0.0:${fdb.broker.port}" />
    </amq:transportConnectors>

  </amq:broker>

Any helps and suggestion are greatly appreciated.

-Dan