activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <>
Subject Expired message - does it work?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:11:54 GMT

Hi,  I am testing 5.3-SNAPSHOT to pick up expired message enhancement where
the message will be automatically removed when timed out.

I have multiple topics with each has a pair of producer/consumer.  All
messages are memory base, where 'memoryUsage' is used to do the producer
flow control. All producer messages are set to have time to live value.
However, when I stop both producer and consumer during a heavy producer to
consumer communication.  Some messages are left in the queue.  The jconsole
shows the expiredCount only set at 0 after waiting for time to expired.

Here is some stats at my topic.

producerCount=0  ( still alive but does nothing )

here is my broker configuration

  <amq:broker useJmx="true" persistent="false" advisorySupport="false">

    <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or wildcards

          <amq:policyEntry topic=">"  producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="${} mb" />

keyStorePassword="${}" />

    <!--  The maximum about of space the broker will use before slowing down
producers -->
          <amq:memoryUsage limit="${} mb" />

Any helps and suggestion are greatly appreciated.