activemq-users mailing list archives

From itamara <avni.ita...@gmail.com>
Subject Is ActiveMQQueue really a Queue?
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:17:29 GMT

hi ActiveMQ users

I'm new to ActiveMQ (bet you never heard that before :-)).

I'm using org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue as my destination.
For debugging purposes I log the events of sending the message and the
events of MessageListener.onMessage. I find that...

The ActiveMQQueue does not seem to act as a queue - in the "first in, first
out" sense.

Is that so?

Is it configurable?

Why do I care? Because it looks as some messages can wait in the queue
forever, can be forgotten there. And though it's not exactly my case, some
might want a pure FIFO queue implementation.

thanks for any help and clarification.