activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rao <justin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stomp clients and message-id
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 01:48:48 GMT

Thanks Roger!

The thread does demonstrate a request / response pattern implementation. It
can correlate requests sent by a client to a server and the replies from the
server.

However, in some case, we'll need not only correlate requests and replies,
but also correlate a individual request and the individual corresponding
response. In this case, the response message may need to carry a correlation
ID, so the requester can correlate it with the request associated with this
ID.

Usually this ID is the request message's message ID. But if the requester
using STOMP. then it cannot get the server generated unique message ID and
thus cannot use this approach.

I think it's a limitation of STOMP protocol. I don't find a place it defines
any method for the sender to get the "message-id" header from a sent
message, though the message does carry it to the receiver.