activemq-users mailing list archives

From zunrise <de...@artkontrast.de>
Subject Problems with cpu load and io
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:03:57 GMT

Hi,

I have a question about performance of ActiveMQ. I use a persistent storage
configured like this:

        <persistenceAdapter>
            <amqPersistenceAdapter syncOnWrite="true"
directory="${activemq.base}/data" maxFileLength="20 mb"
cleanupInterval="30000"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

My problem is that after the system is running for a while (e.g. 1 week with
only sending a small amount of messages) the kr-store became bigger and
bigger. In the Journal folder their was an file of 20MB filesize. The IO
rate was constantly ~ 5MB. The CPU usage of the broker was constantly near
30%. After stopping the broker and deleting the data folder (including
kr-store, journal and data), The CPU usage was ~1% and IO rate was
constantly 10 KB. So how do I have to setup my system, that the store will
clean automatically, after a period of time. I thought this would do the
parameter 'cleanupInterval="30000"' but it doesn't work. I'm using ActiveMQ
5.2.0. I would be really happy if someone could help me with my problem.

Regards