activemq-users mailing list archives

From minz <>
Subject ActiveMQ creates lots of processes and then hangs
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:56:30 GMT

ActiveMQ 5.1 runs standalone
Windows Server 2003 SP1
Web app runs in Tomcat 6.0.18 activemq.xml

We have one producer thread that sends to queue 'DataQueue', no consumer
running at that time. After about 4000 messages, ActiveMQ hangs.

If a consumer runs, and we stop the producer in time, we can restart the
after all messages are consumed. If we don't stop the produces, the same
occurs as described above.

When ActiveMQ hangs, netstat lists hundreds of processes with process id 0
port 61616 in wait state ("WARTEND"):

TCP        WARTEND         0
TCP        WARTEND         0

and so on.

Also, Tomcat hangs when this occurs. Apparently, this is to do with so many
being used?

After restart, the ActiveMQ web console lists a possibly random number of
sent, but
undelivered messages in queue 'DataQueue'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.