activemq-users mailing list archives

From Brian Taylor <br...@briantaylor.us>
Subject Durable Subscribers
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:52:36 GMT

Hello,

I need some clarity on Durable Subscriptions. We're using ServiceMix 3.3.1
with WSN2005 SE 2009.01 for creating Topics in ActiveMQ. Using JConsole, I
see the Topics being created in ActiveMQ and I believe Durable Subscriptions
means if messages are sent to these Topics and the Consumers are not
available, when the Consumers come back on line, their messages will still
be available for them. The question I have is if the server hosting ActiveMQ
crashes, on restart, will those Topics be recreated by ActiveMQ and will the
messages sent to those Topics w/o an available Consumer still be available
to the Consumer when it becomes active again? I believe there is a feature
request in ServiceMix for 'Durable Subscriptions' from ActiveMQ but it
appears this site says it's already supported.

Respectfully,
Brian