activemq-users mailing list archives

From amp834 <amp...@rqinc.com>
Subject Re: How to tell if everything in a queue has been processed
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 01:15:19 GMT

There's a new plugin in trunk for the broker that you can send a
message to to ask statistics on a Destination (Topic or Queue) - and
it will send back a MapMessage with the stats in. If you can't wait a
while for the 5.3 release - which should be soon - it you can use that.

This will work, I would have send the request, wait on it, and do something
if it times out.

Does the MapMessage tell # items in the queue that have not been finished,
"finished" meaning read+consumed+transacted (if a client reads a message an
is processing it, but has not transacted it as "done" yet, that item is not
really "Done" yet, so I would want to know the queue is not finished).
Where can I get more info on these stats (or should I just wait for the 5.3
release?  Any idea when it will be released?)

I will be running the broker as well, so I can also put something into the
broker if it's easier to do so there.
If there is a JMX way of doing the same thing, I can use that as well.