activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrewsomesyoung <ayo...@digitalreefinc.com>
Subject Re: How to send one message to a topic in MDB?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 13:17:21 GMT

Gary Tully wrote:

> Andy, I think you are experiencing
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2346 which was recently
> resolved on trunk. The ended transaction map allows joined contexts to
> share
> the outcome of a transaction,

Gary, not knowing the details behind
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2346, it's not as obvious to
me that this is the same issue. The problem I am seeing seems pretty
straightforward: the JBoss transaction code is sending multiple start
messages to the ActiveMQ XAResource, passing a flag of TMJOIN on the second
one, as it seems the JTA specification says to do. This behaviour works as
designed. The ActiveMQ XAResource delegates the start to its
TransactionContext, which very clearly can not handle TMJOIN or TMRESUME
flags. (They're commented out in a TODO). The result is both start messages
are sent over the wire to the ActiveMQ broker, which passes them on to two
separate threads. If the timing is right, the first thread removes the
transaction from the TransactionBroker and then the second thread tries to
access it resulting in the "XA Transaction ... has not been started" error.

If this has been fixed in trunk, then I am excited to hear it.

Andy