activemq-users mailing list archives

From cresur <>
Subject Can't download/open ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:22:29 GMT

I'm on a Mac OSX 10.5.8. Following the official installation instructions for

> wget

I get:

> Resolving
> Connecting to[]:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 08:16:32 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Trying instead…

> curl -O

I get the file, but can't get it to extract with 'tar xvfz', 'tar zxvf',
renaming it to .tar and using just 'tar xf', etc. When I try to extract it
'manually', in finder, with Archive Utility, it never ends. When I try to
open it with Zipeg, it says it's not a valid .gz file.

I've seen someone saying somewhere that downloading stuff with curl instead
of wget might change the file header, so that's why it's not being
recognized. But I can't get it with wget, so what can I do?