activemq-users mailing list archives

From gnoremac <cgande...@gmail.com>
Subject Redelivery Policy and In Flight Message Count
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 18:50:07 GMT

Hi

I have configured a single queue which is consumed from by a single
transacted consumer.

The connection factory is configured with a redelivery policy as follows.
(Redeliver 10 times)

<amq:connectionFactory id="jmsFactory" brokerURL="vm://localhost"
useAsyncSend="false" objectMessageSerializationDefered="true">
    <amq:redeliveryPolicy>
      <amq:redeliveryPolicy backOffMultiplier="2"
initialRedeliveryDelay="10000" maximumRedeliveries="10"
useExponentialBackOff="false"/>
    </amq:redeliveryPolicy>
  </amq:connectionFactory>

after redelivering 10 times the message is moved to the dead letter queue
properly but I notice the In Flight message count on the original queue
increments to 2 even though both the enqueue and dequeue counts are correct
at a value of 1.

I can confirm rollback is properly called on the session after each
redelivery. One thing to note is that I am not closing the consumers session
between deliveries.

I am curious if anyone else has noticed this happening.

Thanks