activemq-users mailing list archives

From leijin <lei....@zuora.com>
Subject uncommitted transaction for several days in activemq
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 20:16:45 GMT

I found this problem when I was trying to do a mysqldump --single-transaction
--all-databases which blocks on trying to do FLUSH TABLES which never
succeeds as something is holding a lock.

After sending this information to MySQL Enterprise Support, it turns out
that ActiveMQ is holding a lock because it has a long running transaction
from the time ActiveMQ was started.

Running the following commands.

SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS\G

Sample from the file:
---TRANSACTION 0 3664001, ACTIVE 2150143 sec, process no 4847, OS thread id
1148832080
mysql tables in use 1, locked 1
2 lock struct(s), heap size 368, undo log entries 71673
MySQL thread id 202, query id 50575399 q01.corp.xxxx.com 10.xx.xxx.49
q01_maintest

Looking for the thread id 202 in the PROCESSLIST output:
|    202 | q01_maintest | q01.xxx.com:48802 | q01_maintest_amq  | Sleep   |
21 |       | NULL                  |

In the above sample, you can see that thread 202 is a connection from q01
using user q01_maintest over DB name q01_maintest_amq (the ActiveMQ DB)
which has a transaction ACTIVE for 2150143 seconds with 71673 undo log
entries, causing 1 table to be locked for the whole time.

Can someone please shed some light on me what's going on?  Thanks a lot.