activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Strachan <>
Subject Re: AMQ + Programmatic Creation of Destinations + Registration in JNDI
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:04:03 GMT
2009/8/4 jworkman <>:
> I am not sure I follow... When I do ctx.lookup("dyanmicQueues/whatever") what
> will this do? Create a queue if one does not exist in the destination amq
> server?

Yes, see this FAQ entry...

> What is happening currently on the remote (calling) client: I can access the
> factory and create the connection with a session okay, but when I try to do
> a lookup for the domain/queue (which I explicitly created by calling
> createQueue("domain/queue") on destination amq server) I get queue not
> found.
> Is prepending dynamicQueues/ the only way around?

use the "dynamicQueues/whatever" to look up the Queue object in JNDI
(which will map to the "whatever" queue in ActiveMQ.

If you don't want to use JNDI to lookup destinations, just call
createQueue(String) - then there is no need to register anything in
JNDI for queue/topics,  other than your ConnectionFactory - of which
you'll probably only need a single one.

Open Source Integration

View raw message