activemq-users mailing list archives

From <Mats.Henrik...@sungard.com>
Subject RE: Specifying security ciphers using SSL connector for activeMQ
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:45:09 GMT
> server accepts even Low and Medium strength ciphers , we need to make
it
> accept only high strength ciphers. Is there a way to specify these
ciphers
> which should only be accepted in the broker URL as a transport option
pt
> someway in the connector tag in activemq.xml.

I had a look at this (also had a look in the code as well but didn't
have time to dig...) yesterday and I can't find a way of doing it. I
found that the JSSE docs claim you can use the https.cipherSuites system
property to control what happens in the HTTPS case, but couldn't find
anything similar for SSL. The docs do claim it is possible to do
programmatically, so certainly it should be possible to implement.

If somebody does figure out how to do it please post about it here, I'd
certainly be very interested in turning off the low strength ciphers.

Mats