activemq-users mailing list archives

From <Mats.Henrik...@sungard.com>
Subject RE: How to find if the topic is empty ?
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:37:07 GMT
> Hello to everybody,
> After 4-5 hours of googling in code search, I found the solution. My
be
> this
> test code it will be useful for somebody:

You said you were doing this from batch scripts, you might find it
easier to get the in-flight-count from the command line in that case by
using the "activemq-admin query" command:

bin/activemq-admin query -QTopic=Test.Dest | grep InFlightCount

See:

http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-command-line-tools-reference.html#Ac
tiveMQCommandLineToolsReference-query

However, I had a play around with it yesterday and for topics the
in-flight-count didn't look reliable. For instance, right now I have a
topic with no consumers and no producers, and the in-flight-count is
1070. No matter what I do connecting consumers or sending messages from
a producer it will now always go back to 1070 at the moment.

Mats