activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ without J2EE
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:33:52 GMT
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:36 AM, gonzus<gonzalo.diethelm@diethelm.org> wrote:

> Bruce, thanks again for your answers.
>

> bsnyder wrote:
>>
>>> geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
>>> geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.1.1.jar
>>> geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1.jar
>>
>> Those JARs are just APIs for a given specification. In other words, those
>> JARs contain the interfaces put forth by each of those specs. The
>> j2ee-management spec deals with JMX, the JMS spec deals with JMS, the JTA
>> spec deals with transactionality. These JARs do not tightly couple
>> ActiveMQ with Java EE. ActiveMQ can be used with a Java EE container, a
>> web container or in a stand alone environment. In fact, the most popular
>> deployment style with ActiveMQ is stand alone.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Also, none of those JARs has anything to do with JNDI.
>>
>>> Would it be possible to use ActiveMQ without these JARs?
>>
>> No, the JMS spec requires the use of these specs.
>>

> Ok, that clears that up. Besides, I just checked those JARs and they are
> pretty small anyway.
>

> bsnyder wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to develop ActiveMQ applications that do not use JNDI?
>>> Perhaps via Spring?
>>
>> Yes, the use of JNDI is not a requirement. ActiveMQ supports the use of
>> JNDI but does not require it.
>>

> Could you point me to a code example of using ActiveMQ (hopefully with
> Spring) outside any J2EE environment, that does not use JNDI? As close to a
> real life working project as possible?

There are some very basic examples in the examples directory of the
ActiveMQ binary distribution. Those are quite simplified and not
necessarily a good model for your own work.

I've got some examples of using the Spring JMS APIs that I'll send you offline.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder