activemq-users mailing list archives

From Norbert Pfistner <npfist...@picturesafe.de>
Subject Hanging, unacknowledged messages
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:17:54 GMT
It seems that 3 Messages got stuck in a queue.

Having two subscribed consumers for the same queue we can see messages
beeing processed by consumer A just normaly, while the suspicous consumer B
beeing stuck.

The attributes of the suspicious subscription on the queue as displayed
in the
jmxconsole:
Active=true
DequeueCounter=203
DestinationQueue=true
DestinationTemporary=false
DestinationTopic=false
DispatchedQueueSize=3
DispatchedCounter=206
Duarble=false
EnqueueCounter=206
MaximumPendingMessageLimit=0
MessageCountAwaitingAcknowledge=3
PendingQueueSize=0
PrefetchSize=1
Preiorty=0
Retroactive=false

My understanding of the queues is thath with prefetch=1 only up to 1
Message should be processed at any time by this subscriped consumer. So
I would expect a maximum of one message hanging around associated with
consumer B.
How can it be that 3 Messages didn't get their acknowledge?
Does it mean that the consumer got the message and didn't acknowldge
them. How did it get the next two messages after not fully ACKN the first?

I'd like to get a glue what is happening with this consumer/queue.

We use ActiveMQ 5.2 with jdbc persistance with two standalone borker in
master/slave using
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.useDatabaseLock=true.

Just for comparison the working consumer attributes:
Active=true
DequeueCounter=1752
DestinationQueue=true
DestinationTemporary=false