activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ+XMPP
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:55:36 GMT
Hi Ely,

ActiveMQ is not an XMPP server. XMPP transport is just used to exchange
messages with clients using XMPP protocol underneath, so there's no direct
way to handle XMPP-related commands.

On the other hand, you can use plugins and advisory messages to handle
certain events, such as someone joins the room etc. Please take look at

http://activemq.apache.org/developing-plugins.html
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

for more info

Cheers