activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose Luna <j-l...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: Implement request response with JMS over Stomp
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:21:31 GMT
You can use two normal (non-temporary) queues, one for requests and one for responses.   Each
request will have a correlation-id header.  Let's call the requesting service A and the responding
service B.  Service A will send to /queue/requests.  Service B will receive (consume) the
request, and send the response to /queue/responses.  The response that Service B sends will
have a correlation-id that matches the request.  Service A can then subscribe to /queue/responses
with a selector (http://activemq.apache.org/selectors.html) that matches the correlation-id.
  Therefore, Service A will only consume the response that matches the correlation-id of the
request.

JLuna