activemq-users mailing list archives

From moonbird <moonb...@ymail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ Request/Reply Pattern - Temporary Queues
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:39:54 GMT

Hi,
i tried to implement a request/reply jms pattern.
For this test, I use a java client (activemq java jms libs) and a c++
server(also activemq cpp cms libs).

The Java Client uses a java
QueueRequestor(http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/api/javax/jms/QueueRequestor.html):

queueRequestor = new QueueRequestor(queueSession, stationInfoQueue);
			//sends the message and waits until respond is received
			TextMessage answer = (TextMessage) queueRequestor.request(textMessage);
			System.out.println("CLIENT: Response message received: ");
			System.out.println(answer.getText());

and on server side, I try to get the temporary queue destination information
back like this:

cms::Destination* replyToAddress = NULL;

			if( msg->getCMSReplyTo() != NULL )
			{
				std::cout << "ok: getCMSReplyTo() is not NULL !!! " << std::endl;
    			replyToAddress = msg->getCMSReplyTo()->clone();
			}
			else
			{
				std::cout << "error: getCMSReplyTo() is NULL !!! " << std::endl;
				exit(1);
			}

            // Create a MessageProducer from the Session to the Topic or
Queue
            MessageProducer* producer = session->createProducer(
replyToAddress );
            producer->setDeliveryMode( DeliveryMode::NON_PERSISTENT );

... but I dont receive anything back on the java client side :-( What is
wrong with my implementation ?
Is it wrong to use the QueueRequestor ? Because I read about the pattern:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
... and there, the temporary queue is build up manually and
setJMSReplyTo(tempQueue) is used on client side....

For your help, thx so far !