activemq-users mailing list archives

From BillCCHKK <>
Subject Problem setting the ActiveMQ logging level
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:21:39 GMT

I am running ActiveMQ 5.2, embedded within another Java application, running
on Java 6.  I am not using log4j, nor do I have log4j.jar in my classpath.
According to, if I am
not using log4j, I will get the Apache Commons Logging SimpleLog.

So, I follow the SimpleLog documentation, and set the log level to "warn"

But I'm still getting "info" level messages sent to stderr.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Is there any way to tell what
actual logging implementation commons logging is giving me?

- Bill