activemq-users mailing list archives

From gerryscat <gerrys...@gmail.com>
Subject AjaxServlet IllegalArgumentException: setAttribute: Non-serializable attribute
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:54:34 GMT

I'd like my webpage to receive messages via the Ajax plugin, so I'm trying to
use the demo code in my environment. The demo works for me (as long as I use
2 browsers, not 2 tabs with one browser).

On the webpage the javascript call to amq.addPollHandler(portfolioPoll) is
made, invoking AjaxServlet on the server which loads and then throws the
exception.

I have put <Manager pathname="" /> in my content.xml to try and get the
webserver to not serialize AjaxServlet, but it doesn't seem to help.

The error looks like this:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setAttribute: Non-serializable attribute

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:1293)

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:1254)

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:130)

org.apache.activemq.web.MessageListenerServlet.getListener(MessageListenerServlet.java:394)

org.apache.activemq.web.MessageListenerServlet.doMessages(MessageListenerServlet.java:267)

org.apache.activemq.web.MessageListenerServlet.doGet(MessageListenerServlet.java:241)
	org.apache.activemq.web.AjaxServlet.doGet(AjaxServlet.java:46)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
  	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

The webpage looks like this:

    <head>
        <title>MessageListener Test</title>
		<script type="text/javascript" src="amq/amq.js"></script>
		<script type="text/javascript">amq.uri='amq';</script>
                <script type="text/javascript">
			var priceHandler =
			{
				_price: function(message)
				{
					alert(message);
				}
			};

			function portfolioPoll(first)
			{
				if (first)
				{
					amq.addListener('stocks','topic://STOCKS.*', priceHandler._price);
				}
			}
			amq.addPollHandler(portfolioPoll);   // alert(amq); shows amq is created
okay
        </script>
    </head>
        <h1>Message Listener</h1>
        <hr/>

Any hints as to what might be the problem? Thanks!