activemq-users mailing list archives

From amp834 <>
Subject How to tell if everything in a queue has been processed
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 14:32:31 GMT

I'm using ActiveMQ to "Submit a job" to queue "Job53" (a queue for each job),
with (say) 500 subtasks, and want to know when the 500 items have been
processed completely.  I thought of creating a queue just for that job,
writing 500 messages to it, and when the 500 messages have been processed,
the job is done.

Is there a way to tell if a queue is empty?  (no messages in the queue, no
messages that a consumer has taken but has not finished processing)?

I found an old post, but it's so old that I thought I'd ask the question