activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eric-AWL <>
Subject Duplex Network Connector and Firewalls
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:23:26 GMT

We developped a quite basic multicast gateway to be able to build networks
of brokers beyond local networks limits.

I would want to use duplex network connectors to be able to contact a
distant network of broker and be able to receive an answer. I don't want to
implement a local multicast network of brokers and ask the contacted brokers
to use a network connector on their side because I would want that to be

'It's an "unmarked" client that dynamically contact a group of brokers and
want to receive answers back'

I don't know how the back connection is created in duplex mode, and if a TCP
port is used and I wonder how that could work if there are firewalls between
the two sides of the duplex network connector.

If that can't work, is it possible to fix a TCP port and reference it into
the duplex configuration to indicate the remote broker the TCP connection to
use to send its answers back ?