activemq-users mailing list archives

From Peter....@gmx.net
Subject Build activemq-cpp lib in 32bit on 64bit system
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:26:43 GMT
Hi,

I need to build a 32bit version of activemqcpp lib on a 64bit SLES 10 system because we use
some third-party libs which unfortunately are only available in 32bit.

I compiled apr,apr-util and apr-iconv with this compiler flag: CC="gcc -m32" ./configure.
All went swell but when trying to do a make for activemqcpp. I this error:

/root/develop/aprbuild/lib/libapr-1.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libactivemq-cpp.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/activemq-cpp-library-2.2/src/main'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/activemq-cpp-library-2.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

A quick google search tells me it has to do with the fact I'm trying to build the 32bit version
on a 64bit system. But I could not find a solution for it. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Pete