activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setTransportlistener missing from activemq cpp
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:34:51 GMT
On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 16:04 -0700, Michael Dehmlow wrote:
> According to the failover docs for Java one should use the failover transport
> listener to receive notifications that a failover has occured.
>
> I can not find the interface to set a failover listener on the
> ActiveMQConnectionFactory as suggested by the documentation.
>
> Can you do this, and how?
>

> If you use failover, and a broker dies at some point, your sends will block
> by default. Using TransportListener can help with this regard. It is best to
> set the Listener directly on the ActiveMQConnectionFactory so that it is in
> place before any request that may require an network hop.

The current official ActiveMQ-CPP 3.0.1 release does not offer this
functionality.  If you want to pull down the trunk code the
ActiveMQConnection class allows you to register a TransportListener on
it that will have it transportInterrupted and transportResumed methods
invoked when a failover occurs.

Regards
Tim.

--