activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build activemq-cpp lib in 32bit on 64bit system
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:20:29 GMT
On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 10:26 +0200, Peter.Neu@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to build a 32bit version of activemqcpp lib on a 64bit SLES 10 system because
we use some third-party libs which unfortunately are only available in 32bit.

> I compiled apr,apr-util and apr-iconv with this compiler flag: CC="gcc -m32" ./configure.
All went swell but when trying to do a make for activemqcpp. I this error:

> /root/develop/aprbuild/lib/libapr-1.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [libactivemq-cpp.la] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/activemq-cpp-library-2.2/src/main'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/activemq-cpp-library-2.2'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> A quick google search tells me it has to do with the fact I'm trying to build the 32bit
version on a 64bit system. But I could not find a solution for it. Any ideas?

> Cheers,
> Pete

Well you can try setting CXX to "gcc -m32" as well, but its probably not
going to be that simple as you need 32bit versions of every dependency
that the library needs and that's sometimes tricky.  I'd recommend some
reading on cross compiling using the autotools.  Good luck!

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish