activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Andres Rangel" <andr...@corp.moniker.com>
Subject Replye-Request pattern performance
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:51:42 GMT
Hi,

We have our own implementation of a request-reply message.

We have a pool of generic clients that each is listening to it's own
temporary queue and all write to a common queue. These connections are
open at creation time. They remain open until they get evicted by the
pool manager.

We have different applications that use this pool, and the size of the
pool is between 200-500 ,so  we may have 2500 clients connected (each
one with it's own temporary queue).

My question is: What is the performance penalty of using temporary
queues?

Should I consider using one single queue for the receiving of the
messages, and dispatch it using correlation Id?

Will this improve the performance on my system?

I would like to hear your thought

Thanks

--

Andres Rangel