activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the ManagmentContext to point to non-localhost
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:19:38 GMT
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM, mkonda<knvms@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think (not just in my case), it should be configurable - defaulting to
> localhost.
>
> One of the issues I have is to connect to the server remotely - to monitor
> and manage - which is THE main purpose of JMX. This is not being served if
> you leave the hardcoding.

I also agree, here's the issue:

Now I'm wondering how configurable this should be made. I've added a
simple getter/setter pair for the hostname but I'm also thinking of
adding a couple booleans to control automatic resolution of the
canonical hostname or the host address. What's the opinion, are these
sufficient?

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/