activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: Changing the ManagmentContext to point to non-localhost
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:54:24 GMT
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:21 AM, mkonda<> wrote:
> Hello All
> I have changed the managementContext in activemq.xml config to point to a
> new port:
>  <managementContext>
>            <managementContext connectorPort="10099"
> createConnector="true"/>
>  </managementContext>
> My broker config is:
> <broker xmlns=".." useJmx="true" brokerName="myhost"
> dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">
> </broker>
> As you can see, I have added brokerName and useJmx tags so that my serivice
> url can be exposed to JMX Clients/console.
> However, when I start up the activemq, I always get the jmxurl being
> published at localhost (rather than my brokerName or host)
> INFO ManagementContext- JMX consoles can connect to
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:10099/jmxrmi
> Question: Is there a way that I can create the serviceUrl of the
> ManagementContext to use my machine name instead of default localhost?

The localhost portion is hard-coded in the ManagementContext class.
This could certainly be changed, but I have  reservations about doing
this because even a successful resolution of the actual hostname or ip
address has some associated overhead that could affect the startup
time. Let alone a resolution that goes awry which could actually
prevent broker startup. Opinions, thoughts?

ActiveMQ in Action:

View raw message