activemq-users mailing list archives

From Eric Gearhart <e...@nixwizard.net>
Subject Windows clustered CIFS server as shared filesystem for ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:00:13 GMT
Wow that subject line was a mouthful!

OK back to the question... we are trying to setup a highly available
ActiveMQ implementation. Reading over what I've read on ActiveMQ's
website, I think I can accomplish this best using a shared filesystem
approach.

We have a pair of Windows SQL servers that are clustered together (for
HA), and this would be a perfect place to also host the share for
ActiveMQ.

Getting to the crux of my question: has anyone used a Windows file
share as the shared filesystem and mounted that via Samba CIFS from
several boxes running ActiveMQ brokers (with the appropriate
configuration applied of course)?

I know the biggest concern is if flock() is implemented correctly everywhere...

Thanks,
Eric
http://nixwizard.net