activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2 small questions on wildcards usage (MORE)
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:17:20 GMT

On 31 Jul 2009, at 09:22, Eric-AWL wrote:

> Finally, I understood that composite destination, is not the good
> answer.
>
> When a producer uses composite destinations, it produces several
> messages,
> one for each destination.
>
> What I wanted, is that the producer decides to produce for A.MyQueue
> (only
> one "site A" MyQueue consumer will be able to consume the message), or
> B.MyQueue (only one "site B" MyQueue consumer will be able to
> consume the
> message), or for *.MyQueue (only one MyQueue consumer, on site A or
> site B,
> will be able to consume the message).
In which case - as wildcards for producers isn't supported, you'll
have to use another consumer on SiteA and SiteB - to subscribe to
another shared queue - eg. "site.All"

> The other question is : Is it possible to use wildcards at the
> beginning of
> the destination name, or is it always at the end ?
You can use a wild card where you like - see http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html
so you can subscribe to *.SITE and get messages for A.SITE and B.SITE