activemq-users mailing list archives

From bwtaylor <bryan_w_tay...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Load balancing using Queues
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:03:41 GMT

I'll let others say how it picks which among available competing consumers
gets the next message, but there are two customizations that I'm aware of:
the exclusive consumer flag (changing load balancing to failover,
effectively) and message groups, which provide a form of consumer affinity,
so that messages in the same message group are delivered to the same
consumer, until/unless that consumer goes away, in which case a new consumer
claims the group as a whole.

See:
http://activemq.apache.org/message-groups.html
http://activemq.apache.org/exclusive-consumer.html