activemq-users mailing list archives

From smoc <>
Subject Re: Messages Stuck in the queue(with the broker)
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:18:11 GMT

guptaviv wrote:
> The problem is, very frequently the messages are stuck in the queue with
> the broker.
> The problem gets fixed after some time when you restart the broker or
> Listener but the issue reappears after some time again.

we have the same problem with the dead letter queue (ActiveMQ.DLQ). From
time to time some messages stuck in the queue (~0.5% - 1 % of the messages).

For the consumer on ActiveMQ.DLQ we use the following setup:
- consumer with Springs SimpleMessageListenerContainer with one concurrent
- Session commit mode AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE
- Broker url: vm://localhost

- Latest snapshot of ActiveMQ 5.3 from 2009-07-23
- Persistence adapter: kahaDB
- persistent="true"

Currently, we have this problem only with the dead letter queue. The other
queues are working well.

With the kahaDB we have the problem that due to the stuck messages the old
journal files won’t be removed. The store looks like this:

Therefore, after a while our message store will be getting out of space.

When the broker will be restarted the stuck messages in the store are
consumed successfully and the old remaining kahaDB log files will be