activemq-users mailing list archives

From Wxman <>
Subject Clearing the message store
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:28:59 GMT

My app receives messages that are persisted in the ActiveMQ message store.
This is good except I want to have some control over how many back messages
my app receives.  Any messages older than a specific time are useless.  I
want ActiveMQ to deliver only the messages since a specific time.  In
addition, I want ActiveMQ to only hang on to persisted messages for X hours
before releasing them.  How do I do either of these?

As it is now, it appears ActiveMQ hangs onto them for a very long time, and
when I start my app, it immediately receives an ever-growing number of
messages, which will soon bog down my program...