activemq-users mailing list archives

From jerschmidt14 <jerschmid...@hotmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ to ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:34:30 GMT

Hello,
    I am familiar with setting up IBM Websphere MQ to connect 2 servers
together.  Usually one at each company across a WAN so that we can exchange
messages.

    One of our offices is using ActiveMQ.  We would like to setup a local
ActiveMQ server to exchange messages across the WAN with the other ActiveMQ
server.  That way, if the WAN goes down, our messages would just stack up,
until the connection is restored.  This works very well with WebSphere MQ.

    I am a NEWB to ActiveMQ.  Is this even possible with ActiveMQ, if so,
how would I go about doing it.  Does ActiveMQ guarantee delivery like IBM
Websphere MQ?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy