activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michel Van Hoof <mvh...@thisplays2.com>
Subject Is there a way to know if NMS is actually connected using Failover transport ?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:35:04 GMT

Hi,

I have a situation where a lot of our clients are out of our control and so
is the network/internet.

To counter this, we want to use the failover protocol which handles the
whole thing for us (yay).. However, they also need to be sending us data and
this is where the issue comes in:

when using failover, the client will hang if it is not connected to the
server. When the local user would reboot the machine, messages will/could be
lost (not speaking of the threads just "hanging" there because we tryed to
send something on a connection that was not really connected).

So my question is, is there way to know if the failover connection is
actually connected to the broker before trying to send a message ? At this
point, it ALWAYS returns isStarted = true if a connection has been made at
some point in time :s

Thanks !