activemq-users mailing list archives

From noselasd <nosel...@asgaard.homelinux.org>
Subject Sending to a temp queue when the consumer is gone
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:53:57 GMT

I have a server application receiving messages from a queue A. And a client
applications which create a temp queue, send a message to queue A, setting
the JMSReplyTo header to the temp queue.

The server consuming from queue A replies back to the client using the temp
queue. However the server has a lot of replies back to the client, all sent
over the temp queue for a long period of time.(The replies are specific to
that client, and are not interesting to anyone else)

How can my server detect if the client disconnected - so I can stop sending
messages over that particular temp queue ? Or am I trying to do things with
JMS I shouldn't ?

Initial testing with a C# client/server(NMS) shows the server keeps sending
replies with no errors to a temp queue even after the client which created
the temp queue has shut down.