activemq-users mailing list archives

From shaldar <>
Subject JAAS authentication issues on ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 18:08:47 GMT

I have enabled JAAS authentication (simple authentication)on an activemq
broker - by including the plugins in the activemq config XML file. I have
multiple authentication entries (one for each topic). My questions are:

1- Each time I add a new topic to the XML file, the broker has to be
restarted to apply that authentication. Is there a way to hotsync the
updated the XML file's authentication without restarting the broker?

2- Is there an open source GUI for administering userids for simple JAAS
authetication - sort of a 3-way update between the XML authentication entry,
the file and file?

3- Is there a different authentication mechanism I should move to as number
of subscribers and topics grow?

Best - Susmit