activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <>
Subject Re: Queue does not drain completely.
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:28:05 GMT

If it depends on message number / message size, maybe the broker needs more
buffer space, you can try increasing the memoryLimit in the activemq.xml
file. It helped with a similar problem where the producer stopped after a
small number of messages until I increased the value to 50mb.

        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
                    <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb"/>
                    <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="5mb">

RakeshRay wrote:
> I tried with 1000 messsages or 800 byte/each, that is small enough.
> I removed can_read before read_frame and seems behaving okay. Reading more
> to figure out if can_read is really required in my case or not!
> Thanks for the other suggestions, though.
> mjustin wrote:
>> I am using 5.2 and 5.3-Snapshot. Have you tried to test it with a smaller
>> number of messages, and without transactions?
>> RakeshRay wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> We have written a wrapper around and internally it is using using
>>> timeout feature.
>>> What version of Active MQ are you using?

Michael Justin
betasoft - Software for Delphi™ and for the Java™ platform -