activemq-users mailing list archives

From MattKnight <matthew.kni...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject Deleting message with corrupted buffer
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:24:02 GMT

We're getting the following error on some of our ActiveMQ queues. The queues
will run fine most of the time, and then the queue will corrupt. The
consumer can't process the message and just dies.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Could not read message
ID:localhost-38991-1246487154967-4:1153:-1:1:1 at location offset = 2640677,
file = 9, size = 78, type = 0, expected a message, but got: JournalTrace {}

A manual login via STOMP fails at the subscribe request since it can't read
the first message on the queue, even before the ACK command is issued. The
web interface returns a 500 error with the same message as above when trying
to browse the queue, or even using a manually-crafted URL to attempt to
delete a message with that ID (or any other ID on that queue).

Purging the queue is possible, but obviously that removes all our messages,
not just the corrupted one.

It's only that message that is corrupt, since more messages can be added to
the end of the queue.

Can anyone suggest any way to remove the corrupted message?

Thanks in advance!