activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jose Luna <j-l...@rocketmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing the ManagmentContext to point to non-localhost
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:01:11 GMT

----- Original Message ----

Doesn't this cause a problem with posix OSes?  If you listen on localhost on a linux machine,
it will listen on the loopback interface, which means that you won't be able to accept remote
connections.

I recently had a lot of trouble trying to get remote JMX working on a linux server (it worked
fine locally).  After checking my config 15 times, playing with iptables, and slamming my
head on my desk for a while, I gave up and figured I would come back to it later.  It sounds
possible (if not likely) that this was my problem.  I'm no system administrator, so let me
know if I'm off base here.

JLuna