activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choose Stomp instead of OpenWire
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:42:31 GMT
On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 11:33 -0700, Alexander L. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As shown on http://activemq.apache.org/cms/, activeMQ supports both Stomp
> and OpenWire.
>
> When I do
>
>         pConnectionFactory =
>
> cms::ConnectionFactory::createCMSConnectionFactory(getBrokerURI());
>
>          m_pConnection =
>                 pConnectionFactory->createConnection(getUsername(),
> getPassword());
>
> I get an exception
> OpenWireFormatNegotiator::requestWire format negotiation timeout: peer did
> not send his wire format.
>
> This is because there is Stomp on the other end.
>
> How can I configure activeMQ to use Stomp connector instead of OpenWire?
> I can not find applicable method in API...
>
> Thanks.

To choose Stomp on the CPP client you must set a WireFormat option on
the URI as documented here:

http://activemq.apache.org/cms/configuring.html

Take a look at the main example in the CPP source bundle the code
documents the parameters needed to use Stomp.

Be advised that that you can't use things like Failover and Temp
Destinations when you choose to use the Stomp protocol.

Regards
Tim.