activemq-users mailing list archives

From "bmap2" <>
Subject How to set classpaths in production use (using the wrapper)
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:28:39 GMT
Hi AMQ-users.

I have spent quite a while trying to figure out how to modify the
classpath used by activemq when starting it with the wrapper residing in
the directory $ACTIVEMQ_HOME/bin/linux-x86-32 (FUSE (I tried
using bin/activemq-admin start to start the broker as a daemon, but it
didn't work as expected, because it didn't daemonize the broker, and
stayed attached to the console.)

Using the wrapper made everything behave as expected - except that it
was next to impossible to set the path to additional Camel components, I
wanted loaded.

The way I finally made it work, was by adding this to wrapper.conf:

# Java Additional Parameters
# note that n is the parameter number starting from 1.
me jar>;some other jar>;...

Can someone confirm that this is the right way to do it?
If "yes", I'd be happy to add it to the documentation.

Another question: is it correct behaviour when the command
bin/activemq-admin start doesn't spawn a daemon using the wrapper? It
seems to be wrong, since there is a stop parameter which seems to be
there to stop a amq daemon.

If someone can tell me what the intentions are, I'd be happy to provide
patches to make everything behave as intended.

Michael Zedeler.

Denne mail er blevet scannet af og indeholder ikke virus!