activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nawaz Ahmed" <naah...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Can't Disable JMX?
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:02:49 GMT
Hello,

   I have doubt regarding this Topic.

   If bin/activemq script is modified by following lines of code:

   "if "%SUNJMX%" == "" set SUNJMX=" i.e setting the JMS property to
null.

   Then How do we Stop the broker using the command "active-admin.bat
stop hostname"?

Thanks and Regards

Nawaz ahmed

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Snyder [mailto:bruce.snyder@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 11:19 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't Disable JMX?

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM, mrh<mrhaygood@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to disable JMX using the activemq.xml file (useJmx="false")
and it

> does not seem to be working.  I can still connect using jconsole and
the

> admin webpage.  Is this a bug or is there somewhere else that this
must be

> disabled?

To completely disable JMX in ActiveMQ, you need to edit the ActiveMQ

startup script so that the com.sun.management.jmxremote property is

not set. This can be done by editing the bin/activemq script so that

the SUNJMX property is empty. Below are examples:

Linux/Unix:

SUNJMX=

Windows:

if "%SUNJMX%" == "" set SUNJMX=