activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get first 100 messages in the queue into an array
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:55:25 GMT
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Vuppala<hainaveen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using ActiveMQ-5.2.0.
>

> I have a scenario like, Queue can have a lot more than 100,000 messages.
> So, I am afraid I get OutOfMemory error if I tried to move them to a
> different queue in a single shot.

How much memory is specified in the memoryUsage element in the
conf/activemq.xml config file? If you're using the default of 20mb,
you need to increase this. By default, the JVM in which ActiveMQ runs
is given 512mb of memory, so you should raise the memoryUsage amount
up to a maximum of that amount.

> I see method 'browse' on 'QueueView' class which returns all the messages in
> the queue.
>
> So, if I can read specified number of messages ( like first 100) into an
> array and move them to a different queue and loop the same till queue gets
> emptied.
>
> Please help me how can I achieve this at the earliest possible as I am
> running short of time.
>
> I appreciate your help.

Bruce
);'