activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why do persistent messages exhaust memory and lock out consumers?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:06:34 GMT
For scenario 1, messages are cached in memory up to a limit, when caching
stops, message are comsumed from the cache till it is exhausted and then
dequeues resume from the store cursors. You can enable the caching with
cache=true/false in a PolicyEntry.

Can you try scenario 2 with 5.3-SNAPSHOT. I recall an interaction with the
usage manager and listeners that could account for the behavior you are
seeing.
If the behavior persists with 5.3-SNAPSHOT, please submit your test case and
activemq,xml in a JIRA issue so it can be investigated.