activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serious dispatch issue
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:40:14 GMT
this behavior is by design, but it could be improved.
A network bridge will not forward a message back to where it came from
because in the scenario you describe, with a slow consumer, messages would
constantly be forward over and back between broker1 and broker2.

I guess an improvement would be to make this behavior configurable and to
allow a delay and backoff to be specified so that bouncing messages do not
consume all available cpu and network resources.