activemq-users mailing list archives

From Carlo Camerino <cmcamer...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ As Synchronization Tool
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 17:17:10 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if  any of you have used ActiveMQ as a synchronization
tool.

Our scenario is like this,
we have transactions ongoing at different remote servers, however some of
those transactions need to arrive to the central server.

In short we have several slaves in different locations in the network and
data coming from the slaves must be pushed  back to the master server.
Most of the data that we wish to replicate is data changes in the database.
One of our options is replication but another option that I would like to
look
at is through the use of messaging via ActiveMQ.

What we want to push to the central server are more less records that are
done in the slave servers.
Is this possible through the use of activemq?

There would be brokers on each location.
Looking at other applications, I'm not sure how they implement it. The other
applications that I'm familiar of that ha this is moin and dokuwiki. the
have synchronization support
but they are synchronizing files. I don't want to synchronize files but I
want to send messages.

Also would activemq be able to handle it if theere were around 200-500
slaves sending messages to the master queue?

Thanks